Volunteer opportunities are available at Annie Louise Wilkerson MD Nature Preserve Park, a 157 acre preserve along Falls Lake that serves as a park dedicated to education of nature and wildlife.
Volunteer tasks include:
- Monitor bluebird boxes and nuthatch boxes
- Collect and record data
- On any given day of monitoring, the volunteer will be walking about one mile through field and brush (off trails).
- Nest box cleaning is not required, but assistance with this would be appreciated.
- Volunteer will be exposed to ticks, chiggers and fire ants.
- During the summer, volunteer will be exposed to high temperatures and bright sunlight.
- Volunteers would be needed to volunteer every 3-4 days or at least once a week.
- You must be at least 18 years old to volunteer.
Volunteer applicants will need to complete volunteer application and background check form. For more information and to sign up as a volunteer, visit their online volunteer registration.